Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 7-10

Day 7 and 8 - I was absent on day 7 and 8.

Day 9

On day 9 i started working on the animation of the planes and missiles which were started by my group members. These animations were for shot 3. In the shot the planes were to fly behind the esplanade and fire the missiles which are targeted at the small mothership.
I had to continue working on the ep curves to make sure the planes were to launch their missiles and turn off at different timings. It wasn't easy animating the missiles. I had to duplicate the missiles and set key frames to their visibility. Turn them on exactly at the point of their launch.

Day 10

I had to work on the emitters again since there were some problems with them. Initially we only decided to have smoke, but then we decided to add in the fire which will make it more realistic. I had Guan Hua to help me with creating the fire trail. I added glow to the particles to make it more better. After seeing the animation and particles Mr Pang our supervisor helped me with the animation again. I had to see reference videos of how the planes would launch their missiles. It was difficult to find videos from ground level of planes launching missiles. Most of the videos i found were taken in the air beside the plane launching the missiles. Another thing i had to take note was what kind of missiles were they. After much tweaking of the missiles' particles and the animation of both the planes and missiles i finally rendered them out.


No comments:

Post a Comment