Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 4 and 5

Day 4

On the 4th day few of us went to film the shots to link up the story. After this went came back and continued with our work. I went on to match move and track the 3rd shot. It was quite difficult to track the buildings as they were high raised and the coordinate system will no be right. So due to this i had to track lower points. It wasnt easy to match move and track shot 3. After this i went on to texture the mothership. The huge mothership which will be in the 2nd shot, flying across the whole city scape. It was not easy to texture the model as it was a very complexed model. Jian Hunt helped me with the match moving for shot 3.

Day 5

After the 2nd and 3rd shot was tracked we starting placing in all the models. Guan Hua modeled 3 different buildings which are to be composited in the 2nd shot. I continued on with the texturing of the mothership. I still faced alot of problems texturing the model. I had to delete faces, duplicate them and modify the model. After texturing i added bump to it. After texturing the model i went on the add it to the tracked video. I wanted the ship to be huge and covering the whole city.


 After that i went on to add in the buildings modeled by Guan hua.

We have to start rendering by next week. Alot of elements to add in and alot of compositing left to do.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good. Don't forget that in the final composite you need to match the plate closely which means you will need to blur your nicely detailed renders to the same level as the footage.

    Any updates for day 6 and 7?

    ReplyDelete