Day 11 and 12- I spent these 2 days trying to composite the water splash for shot 1. After the final composite i brought the video over to After Effects I had to track the video since the video was moving. I had to choose the right stock footage for the splash. After bringing in the footage I had to time it correctly to the point where the driller comes out from the water. I chose the right footages for the splash. Translated a few footages masked them, reduced their opacity and fitted them in. 1 problem i faced was that the footage of the water was too fast. Due to this the water was very blur.
Day 13 and 14 - On day 13 I helped Chermaine with the rotoscoping for shot 3. It wasn't easy rotoing the building as it was behind trees. The roto had alot of problems because one mistake we did was to render all the buildings in one pass. Due to this we had alot of problems rotoing all the buildings. We spent alot of time doing the roto for shot 3.
Day 13 and 14 - On day 13 I helped Chermaine with the rotoscoping for shot 3. It wasn't easy rotoing the building as it was behind trees. The roto had alot of problems because one mistake we did was to render all the buildings in one pass. Due to this we had alot of problems rotoing all the buildings. We spent alot of time doing the roto for shot 3.
After that i went on to work on the explosions for the babyship. I had to time the explosions correctly so that they will explode upon impact. I used stock footage for the explosion. I had to chose a few footages for the explosion since there were 4 missiles. I brought the explosions to after effects to track them. After adding them in i had to translate and rotate alot of values to match the original video. Mask out the explosions to make sure the edges cant be seen.
No comments:
Post a Comment